Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 14- Last Day in Amsterdam

Saturday January 18

Today is our last day in this beautiful city of Amsterdam :( Everyone had breakfast together on the Botel. Once everyone was finished we all gathered at the reception to take the ferry into the city for our canal tour. We took a tour of the city in an indoor canal which was pretty cool! We were cruising through different canals of the city and learning about the history of the city and the buildings. Here are  some pictures that I took while on the tour...

















 After our tour we walk through the city and made it to the Iamsterdam Letters !



We then had a free time before dinner, so we wondered through the city and made it back to the hotel to rest and change. We had our farewell dinner at Cafe 't Gasthuys. For my last meal in Amsterdam I was not disappoint! If you know me well and shrimps are offered on the menu you know I would order them!! This is what I had..
Black Tiger Shrimp! Yummmy!

After dinner we wondered through the city for the last time :( We walked through the lit up streets and ended up at a popular pub called The Bulldog. Everyone enjoyed themselves for the last time before heading back home. At the pub they were playing great R&B throwback songs! It was great! Since I was in Amsterdam, I had to order a Heineken since it is brewed the Netherlands!...

To be honest it was my least favorite beer.. But hey at least I tried it and I have the cup as a souvenir! We called it an early night since we had to be up by 6am the next morning. We walk back to the station, took the ferry back to the hotel and went to bed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment